- As part of the kids (Brianna and Nick’s) Christmas, we gave them tickets to the Metallica concert. We traveled to Boise on December 7th and saw them at the Boise Center. It was VERY COOL! The kids are still talking about it. Inserted here would be a picture of us all sporting the ‘devil horns’ sign and wearing our Metallica concert T’s.
- The Sunday before Christmas we had our Tanner family Christmas party. The picture here was really cool; I stood on our catwalk and took a picture of everyone in the living room. They were all looking up at me taking the picture and there was Christmas all around. Well anyway, we had our traditional soup feast with Lori introducing us to tortellini soup and Denise bringing pickled asparagus yummies. We didn’t have grandma Tanner there with us because she was home taking care of grandpa.
- Christmas Eve brought us the traditional Oswald party. The cracking balls and Flarp were a hit. Kenny brought the controversial gift of Obama’s book which gave Uncle Ferrell something to talk about. Lesson’s learned: Don’t steal from Mitchell & don’t have any more kids (there’s no room!). The picture here would include lots of happy faces including Derek and Angie’s family. There would also be a picture of my kids standing in their new jamies in front of the Christmas tree.
- Christmas day held many treasures. The first gift that we opened provided many shocked looks, then squeals of joy. The picture here would show us holding our Boise state Fiesta Bowl t-shirts along with our TICKETS to the game! We had seats in the end zone, row 28. Of course we got all sorts of other stuff like a Tom Tom that guides us with the voice of Homer Simpson, Brianna got an iPod Touch, Nick is set for snowboarding (if only he would quit growing out of everything!), and Jake—well he’s the only one that is fun to buy for anymore so you can imagine. :) We went to the Oswald’s and enjoyed a great meal of prime rib. It was the year of family memories as mom and dad Oswald gave us a great family history book (so much work) and my mom and dad gave us a DVD of family movies. I did notice however, that I was only a glimpse in these family movies. Apparently the Tanner’s were only a family before I was born!
- New Year’s eve Brianna had a party at our house with her friends and Kevin and I went to Jaker’s with my friends. We promptly returned because of the 12 teenagers that were at our house without parental supervision. Then the adventure began…………..
On Sunday we left for Phoenix, but went via the Grand Canyon. Here I can insert actual pictures!
Enough said.
We walked a lot, and it was hot. We were sweaty. I think is was something like 4 degrees at home.
This is just one end of the stadium, it was so big.
Brianna quote, “things you can’t unsee…”
Here’s one of them.
These guys (see photo below) adopted Jacob and through the entire game they kept bringing him stuff like Skittles, Dibbs & M&M’s. They let him stand on their chairs, gave him their football lanyard, and taught him how to disrespect the Horned Frogs. Jacob worshiped them. I, however, may look back at this experience and see where my son’s life took a turn for the worse.
And of course, you know the outcome of the game…..
Lots of celebration!
And the trophy!
We had such a great time, it was the best Christmas present ever! We got up early the next day (5am!) and headed home. We came home through Lake Powell and saw the beautiful scenery in that part of Utah. It was a long drive home, about 14 hours, but we arrived safe and sound. We can’t thank Steve & Bonnie and Dirk & Gerry enough for letting us crash their places. Dirk and Gerry weren’t there because they were in San Francisco seeing their new baby, so we really missed having them there to show us around, but we really enjoyed their beautiful home. Go Broncos! (Let me make sure to clarify here as I never want that held against us---that’s the Boise State Broncos, not Denver!)



7 comments:
Those are some crazy Boise State pics!! What's with those cheerleaders? Holy cow......
Looks like you had a great time!!
How fun!! I loved it when we went to a football game....the denver broncos of course!.....and can't wait to go back someday. My nephew is a member of the Boise State Band he plays the saxophone.
Fun vacation! That was a great game (we were watching for the Oswalds in the stands!) I bet it was so loud there too! I love Lake Powell, my friend invited me to go with her family each year to their houseboat there and the scenery is beautiful! Sorry about all the lost pictures but I'm glad your family had a nice Christmas!
Fun! The Grand Canyon is beautiful! I would love to do a road trip when the kids are much bigger. Wish we could have been at the family Christmas party, sounds like it was a lot of fun!
I'm glad you all had a great time. It was fun having you here. When you're ready to get out of the cold again, our home is always open.
ok we had a big party to watch this game and had no clue you were THERE! NICE!
Your pics look awesome! Looks like you guys had such a great time at the game! I'm so glad we got to have lunch with you guys! It was a lot of fun!!
Post a Comment