Kevin is pointing at the signature from the Fremont County Treasurer. We would have had this deal done months ago if it had not been for her. Let me back up.... If you are not aware, we have a 3 acre lot in Island Park. We have wanted to build a cabin ever since we bought it 7 years ago, but evidently it takes money to do so. We had a great idea that we would split up our lot and sell off one of the acres then hopefully we could build. We were only able to do this if we 'subdivided'. That basically means that we had to pay many people lots of money to make up these fancy plat things and get many signatures. There was lots of controversy with the sewer (if you know anything about IP, this has been an issue for a while and we got caught in the middle) but we eventually prevailed. In the mist of this, the Fremont County Treasurer felt it was her duty to prevent us from subdividing. After calls and letters from the Island Park City lawyer, she conceded and signed our plat. You may notice however, that she wrote "good for 30 days" below her signature. I think it made her feel better, but it didn't stop anything and we now have a beautiful 1 acre lot for sale in Island Park. Tell your friends.....
Now, on to Winter Ball. This is Brianna's first formal dance. She went with Lamonte Charles. As always she was gorgeous..... BTW her dress cost me $10. Really, I got it when I went to LA with the girls. Now, it took Grandma Oswald about 20 hours to alter it and put sleeves on it, but I like saying it's a $10 dress. Thanks Grandma!
Here's a shot from our annual Super Bowl party. I love it because Dad Oswald is smiling (and for those of you who know him, it's hard to capture a picture of this!). I think it's super cute, they were all cozy in the chair and we just had to capture the moment. I have lots of other pictures of us eating, because that is really what the party is for, but I'll let your imagination fill in the blanks.
"One of these kids is not like the other, one of these kids just doesn't belong"..... do you remember that song from Sesame Street? Well, I think it fits for this picture! This is a shot of our fun President's Day weekend at the Mickelson's place in Island Park. Thanks Aunt Wendy for inviting us, it was so fun! (See Wendy's blog for additional details----yeah Wendy!)
I had to include this cute picture of the 'Silver Babies', as Aunt Kamee calls them. We are pretty sure they will all end up single, living in an apartment in Rigby together, and mooching off of their willing parents. It's good to be the 'baby'. :)
Brianna's new haircut, betcha can't tell she took this picture of herself.
And yet, another dance. This one was girl's choice and it was Morp. It was fun because we got to have all these kids at our house for dinner.
Last, but not least. Sometime ago I posted a picture of a moose that was on our property in Island Park. I thought it was so cool to have one wander through our place up there, until this week. This is a picture of a moose in our front yard! He was visiting our place and eating our trees. I'm sure he's been around before because he sure looked like he knew what he was doing and where he was going. We had the dogs in the house, so he had free reign of the yard. He wandered over to the house across the street and laid down in their yard for awhile. I love living out here! We so often have deer, eagles, swans, geese, ducks, owls and stray dogs (what?), it's our own little paradise.



5 comments:
Good luck selling! Don't you just love people like the Treasurer (or in our case our buyers' FHA loan) who do everything they can think of to make it not happen :(
Holy SMOKES Nick is so tall, granted he's surround by some cute "little" guys"! Your caption fits perfectly for that one! Brianna looks beautiful in her dance pics and tell her I love her new hair cut!
I love the $10 dress! I am all about getting a good deal. Tell Brianna she looks beautiful in her dance picture. Congratulations on being able to sell! Cory says that moose looks pretty small. He wants to know if it's a baby. The ones we get in our yard are HUGE!
You make me laugh! I could just hear you telling each of the stories w/ Renae's fun sense of humor! So to recap...
YES WE should have visited! As we drove by on our way back, Mike even commented that we should have left earlier so we could stop by your place. I hope you will forgive us for not :( AND I can't wait for you guys to build your cabin!! Mike's new goal (among many) is to have a cabin in Island park now...so to bad that wasn't now or we would totally buy yours ;)
Brianna looks soo pretty!!! BTW is that her boy toy?? I mean you don't go with the same guy more than once to a dance if there isn't "something there" - & LOVE the bangs!!
Ummm...Your boys look good! And yes Nick hasn't gotten so big (not that he was small before...but you know what I mean). Now, where is the pic of you???
Love the post!! Thanks for the recap!
Good luck on seling your property. We do miss IP.
I still can't believe Brianna is old enough to date. You better have Kevin keep the shotgun close. She's too cute.
Post a Comment